Saturday 3 April 2010

Abortion


A sequel to the post on Teenage pregnancy made earlier! Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy so the female don't have a baby and thus, ultimately ending the life of an unborn child. Pretty one-sided use of words right? All of them being violent and negative, like 'termination'. Abortion criterias are pretty strict in the UK as well, as it is only legal to abort if the woman is less than 24 weeks pregnant and if two doctors agree that it is necessary.

Everyone will have different feelings and perspectives of abortion, but there are only major two catergories. Pro-Abortion where people don't mind. Anti-Abortion when people do mind and can become quite fiesty about it, no matter what the situation is.

I for one belong to the 'pro-abortion' catergory. Who are we to judge whether someone else should abort or not abort? It's their lives it'll affect. One may choose to abort because of their personal circumstances, like they are underage and still in compulsary education. How could someone in that situation even think about raising a child while they are still children themselves? One of my friend (Girl One) told me that a friend (Girl Two) of hers was pregnant, being 17 years old at the time and Girl One was absolutely furious!! I wanted to defend Girl Two since I am pro-abortion if it is necessary, but I didnt say anything since Girl One would most likely be even more angry and push me out the window.

So is abortion immoral? To alot of people, it is because they see it as the 'termination' of a unborn child, which is very much the same as murder, but alot of people don't mind. Personally, I can see why it may be immoral, but I don't think it is. A unwanted pregnancy and unwanted baby can seriously affect the lives of the woman and the man involved, and that would therefore affect the life of the child-to-be, although, is it right to deny the unborn child the right to live? How can a mother kill her own child who depends entirely on her?

Now I'm starting to feel abit Anti-Abortion, especially now that I am searching for pictures to add to this post. If you are abit scream-ish or weepy, I strongly suggest you do not look for abortion pictures...its really, really quite sickening. My current reaction to these images remind me of the reactions of that woman and man who had to abort their unborn child, a product of a secretive affair. This movie was Alfie by the way, the old one. Both of them was completely devastated!


More information on abortion can be found on the links provided below:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Abortion/Pages/Introduction.aspx

http://www.brook.org.uk/pregnancy/abortion

No comments:

Post a Comment